Dedicated to Fiona

Dedicated to Fiona
Fiona, the glory of Snoozeville

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Know what I'd like??

I have been a registered voter since I was old enough to vote, and that's more than 50 years. I do not remember an election where everything depended on us CONTRIBUTING MONEY, practically HOURLY, to get our candidate elected. This is just nonsense! Who gets that money, anyway? The media!! They're getting fat & rich, while the rest of us scrape to buy beans & rice! I'd like to see TV & radio spots be FREE and equally available to all candidates/parties.

2 comments:

Linda said...

GREAT idea! It's so out of hand now.

Xtreme English said...

Unless memory eludes me (mad, hysterical laughter), we used to have a law like that. "equal time" or something....though I suppose both sides had to PAY. It wasn't free. Maybe, since apparently so few of us, especially the rich, pay taxes any more, the take for the $1 election checkoff has plummeted.

Post a Comment