Dedicated to Fiona

Dedicated to Fiona
Fiona, the glory of Snoozeville

Friday, June 15, 2012

Shoreham, MN


View Larger Map

Here is where I really LIVED every summer weekend from the age of about 10 until I left for the convent at age 17.  The woods and the lake provided me with the emotional sustenance I needed.  This place was heaven to me.  It's changed a lot, but the channel that flowed from Lake Sallie (top) to Lake Melissa (bottom) is still there.  And you can still see the Detroit Lakes Country Club's golf course on the far right.  Michael and I used to get up really early and go play 9 holes before the course opened.  We'd come home with our jeans soaked almost to the hips with the heavy dew. 

7 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Awesome stuff!!!!!

Xtreme English said...

We shud go there some day.

Xtreme English said...

Ahem....the previous comment (ostensibly from XE) is from somebody ELSE, who can't figure out how to leave a comment but has determined to tell me that "we" should go there some day and is using my blog address to do it. She's talking to me, not to Kay.

This kind of thing happens when you get old and have OLD friends. Hmph.

Kay Dennison said...

LOL Don't ya think we should go there some day? All the damn changes with Blogger has all of us mildly bewildered.

Xtreme English said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xtreme English said...

MILDLY bewildered? Speak for yourself.

Actually, it'd be fun to revisit that place with someone with your keen sense of humor. But the only way you can get there is by CAR. I no longer drive, and I'm still pissed about that. It was my decision, and I made it just a few months before it became possible to rent a Smart car here. Crapola!

Kay Dennison said...

Oh hell! I atill drive -- albeit slowly -- my Mario Andretti days are gone.

Post a Comment