Dedicated to Fiona

Dedicated to Fiona
Fiona, the glory of Snoozeville

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Some dayz are like this.....

Here it is, almost 6 p.m., and I just got out of my pjs.  I've been working on an editing project since I got up (9 a.m.), and I just sent it back to the author.  Maybe he'll stay out of my hair for the rest of the weekend.  I still have book #2 of his to work on...haven't even started that. Urk.

And why haven't I started book 2?  Because for the past two days, I kept dropping pieces of an IKEA bed on myself.  Now that the bed's put together, it needs more shoring up.  I want to sleep on it in confidence that the mattress & box spring won't fall through the frame.  I didn't get time to go to Homey D's to buy slats.  Ha.  Manana.  (Maybe I will find some bubble wrap and stuff it along the sides to kind of wedge the box spring in the frame better.  Yes.  That will save $$, too.

Also, I learned yesterday from my friend Irmgard in Germany that IKEA in Germany puts things together FOR YOU.  You have to pay, of course, but we in the US of A don't even get that option.  Hmph.

This would be day 4 of not drinking, and I wanna tell you the thought of going out and getting a drink has crossed my mind more than once.  Or, as the joke goes, the thought would have crossed my mind, but the bridge is out.

I like the companionship of bars as much as I like the beverages.  Hm.  I could go down to Oyamel and get another Agua Fresca, but it'll still be sour sop.  Fine, but I had that YESTERDAY.  They change the flavor once a week.  The new one starts tomorrow, and they won't even be open.

Well....that's how it is.    

No comments:

Post a Comment